Wednesday 12 March 2008

First issue of the newsletter gets readers Bear hug

The first issue of the newsletter got great response. It was sent to 285 media persons and other, majority of them from Ahmedabad.Till Wednesday evening I got e- mail response from 87 friends. Phones from 13 and accidental greetings from another dozen or so when they stumbled upon me in the State Assembly in Gandhinagar.

Reports of the Newsletter distribution from my service provider has another fantastice story. In all 1700 plus forwards by friends! In this issue I am presenting verbatim some of the responses. Some have made suggestions also. Of these many were quite particular about the colour scheme of the first issue. They found colours eye straining rather than eye catching. Mihir Bholey of NID also drew my attention to space between News and Letter.

Friends, the newsletter has been conceptualized by me for you.It must have you at the center stage. This is precisely I am trying to do. Changes in the format and presentation reflect my commitment. A commitment to make the newsletter a platform for my friends who craft voice and image of others.

Here are the responses of many friends in the form they sent them, unedited & uncensored.


-->
Dear Yogesh,Please accept my felicitations on the initialisation of this concept.It was sorely needed,is well thought,and highly appreciable.Ideally this is something that the Media Club should have thought about.Good job,well done.My best wishes.

R.K. Misra
Misra is the founder president of the 120 plus member Gujarat Media Club. A veteran of English journalism, Misra does not need any introduction as such.


-->
Yogesh, Hearty congratulations...You have unleashed your creative
power....Hope this could be used as "Precision Tool" by
Media....Hope in future you will give "High Quality Content" which
will give good "Professional Result"....
God Bless You
All....Dhiren
This is the remark of Dhiren Avashia, who has been associated with media education for long and has many of his young students in the media.


-->
CONGRATS YOGESHBHAI...for this very pioneering venture...May it succeed in every possible way as you take a stand for information that is AUTHENTIC,TRUE and JUST..
warm wishes,
Fr Prakash
This is how father Prakash views the venture.


-->
भाई योगेश जी सादर नमस्कार ।
आपका न्यूज लेटर मिला । काफी महत्त्वपूर्ण जानकारियां हैं इसमें । अपने कई मित्रों को भी फारवर्ड कर रहा हूं इसे । मेरे गुजरात दौरे में भी आपसे काफी मदद मिली । सदैव आभारी रहूंगा । गुजरातग्लोबल.काॅम अक्सर खोलता रहता हूं ।
These are the views of Om Prakash Tiwari,Special Correspondent of Dainik Jagran in Mumbai.

-->
Dear Sharma ,

It is really a great, brilliant and every exciting idea. Only someone like you could think the way you think and work. I know you a workaholic . ...It is good to be one .... I'm sure everybody likes the concept/ idea of your innovative newslater, specially those newsmakers- shakers and movers ( in Gujarati journalism).
I dying to read something about` Bandmaster` and `Khakor` ( breed of journalists) in the newslater.


All the best

basant
Basant Rawat is state Chief of Bureau of Telegraph


-->
Here is Deepal Trevedie of the Sambhav Group of publications

dear yogeshbhai

was contemplating to write since a couple of days but was out.
read the media news letter. congratulations, its a refreshing change.
i am sure you must be ovtertaken by a flurry of messages and reactions. here , i add mine!
* good stuff! enjoyed reading it.
* the larning zone is really good but i found it a little too long. i think a more crisper version everytime would attract more eye balls.


-->
Dear Shri. Yogeshbhai,
Thanks for Media News Letter .I congratulate you for this initiative & wish the great sucess . It was much needed as a bridge & wider platform for all media practioners . The word & the world of Media has become very sensitive & complex . we need the viewpoint to understand & interpret it.
Pl. continue its subscription to my inbox .
Thanks again,
meenakshi
Meenakshi is the PRO of the GMDC. She is doing PhD in journalism.

-->
Dear Mr Yogesh,

Thank you for the mail. I liked your initiative and also the writeup on Wg Cdr Singha. I am sure this initiative of yours will go a long way in binding the journalists here and also bring others come closer to this important state of Gujarat. I wish you all the best.
Wg Cdr Satish Menon.
Satish Menon has joined here as Defence PRO in place of Singha


-->
Dear Yogesh,

At the outset I contratulate Neha and you for the launch of the Media News Letter, indeed an intitiative borne out of your passion. I also thank you for featuring me in your first issue. It is indeed a great honour for me and I am truly overwhelmed. I suppose it was late last night that you called and I had already hit the sack. But the first thing on waking up that I did was to read your newsletter.

I think it is a magnificent start. I am sure mediapersons also need something like this to circulate among their own and read articles/news other than the routine. I bet contributions will come aplenty. I would be happy to do it myself, rejection slip not withstanding. I would surely pass it around to my friends and media list for others to get to know of the same. I wish the newsletter much popularity and insightful reading.

Thank you once again for being so thoughtful in featuring my tenure here. I cherish each moment spent with each one in the media here in the State. My good wishes remain,

with warm regards and love,

Tarun Kumar Singha
Singha is the first Defence PRO in Gujarat and he has now been transferred to head NCC unit at the BHU.



-->
Dear Yogeshbhai
Its simply wonderful to have something like this on people like us, who knows almost everything about everyone else but themselves.

I appreciate your efforts and will contribute whenever possible. There is some latest movement in media. If you remember Santosh Chowdhry, who was with IE in Baroda and in Gujarat his last posting was with ET as Rajkot correspondent. Santosh in back in Gujarat. He was with HT Lucknow. He has just joined DNA so still uses his UP cell no here. He can be contacted on 09839539016.
Feel sad about Anubhai. I remember him functioning from a corner desk of Mirzapur office of IE when you were there as Chief Reporter.
Best Wishes
Kamlesh
M:98795 50717
Kamlesh Trivedi is now with Gas-Petro. A veteran in business reporting Kamlesh has worked with number of publications.

-->
Dear Sir

Thank you so much for the newsletter. It is a beautiful piece of insight into the world of media and its people. Will certainly look forward to upcoming issues.

Warm Regards
Archana
Archana is with Business Standard.

-->
very nice issue, yogeshbhai. well edited n worded. wonderful contents-particularly 'disastrous reporting of railway disaster' n 'CM in ToI'. thanx. nrb
This is from Nitin Bhatt of Reliance

Great...!!!

Simply great thats the only reaction I can give..

Keep up the good work.....

Regards...

-Soumitra...
NewsWire18
Soumitra Trivedi is the COB of NewsWire18

-->
Dear Mr Sharma,
I compliment you on your brilliant initiation.......
Great job!!
I convey my heartiest best wishes to you and please do let me know in case I could assist you in any of your further ventures.
Regards
Sanjay Chakraborty
Director:Brand Services
Triton Communications
Ahmedabad
098250-22602

-->
sharmaji

excellent..i loved the newsletter...and i am sure all others who must have received this, would love it too..once again you have shown that you are a trend setter ..thank you,
hitesh pandya....
Hitesh Pandya is APRO to Chief Minister Narendra Modi

-->
Yogeshbhai
Thanks you for the newsletter. Will wait for more of it.
This is from Tanvir of Indian Express Ahmedabad

There are many more who have sent their spontaneous response. I have quoted few. Just at random. There are atleast four friends who have made suggestions about the colour scheme of the first issue. Here are they.

-->
Yogesh,

Very nice and perfectly conceived.But an advice -------------there is no need of using a plethora of goddy colours, cluttering of shades of colour for various items.It can be shown in fonts and sizes of words with bi-colour backdrop to make it more appealing.You can add social stories of neglect and deprivation----all not catching the attention but surfacing visibly in street corners and paltforms etc everywhere.Even women safety and nari shakti issues are going overboard after one glances the crime data and the position of the women in employment, or intheir struggle to earn bread or careers.

sk ( This is S K Nanda IAS )

-->
My dear Yogesh,
Your Media News Letter is a bold attempt.
However, the letter could do with lighter shades. Fluoroscent colours like deep pink strain the eyes.
And why grudge journos getting fat pay packets? This should have happened long ago. Better late than never.
Regards,
Rajiv Saxena
Rajiv Saxena who has worked with Indian Express for several years is now with Birla group as VP Corporate Communications in Delhi.

-->
Dear Yogesh Sharmaji,

Received and read your new e-magazine. My
congratulations for this new endeavour! The idea seems
to be quite interesting. It will be useful not only
for the journalists but also for the entire
communication fraternity. Few suggestions; please
write Newsletter as one word and not separately and
avoid using dark colours in the background of the
text. Photograph should be clear to recognize the
face. With the CM it's Bharat Desai I presume. I am
attaching my article recently published on the edit
page of Hindustan. Hope, you'll find it interesting.

Thanks for updating

Mihir Bholey
Mihir looks after Communications in the NID

-->
Dear Yogesh.
I have gone through the newsletter. It is interesting
and excellent compilation of currents prevailed in
gujarat's journalism. I would like to make little
suggestion about the colour combination of the
newsletter. I Find that fast below and Pink colour is
not impressive. The light colour combination would
have better for reading the contents of newsletter.
Thanks.
Bharat Lakhtariya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kem chho Yogeshbhai???
Bahu j Saras kam karyu chhee aapee.
its wonderful. Bas atlu j lakhata avdase...So, keep it up and help us in future.